TS Officer / Honourable Member Daimao's Avatar
    Thanks
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of Law

DirectX 11.1 exclusive to Windows 8

DirectX 11.1 is exclusive to the divisive Windows 8 operating system, Microsoft has confirmed.

Microsoft's Daniel Moth wrote on the Microsoft Answers forum that DirectX 11.1 is part of Windows 8, as DirectX 11 was part of Windows 7 when it launched. But, unlike with DirectX 11, which was retro-fitted to work with Vista, “there is no plan for DirectX 11.1 to be made available on Windows 7”.

So, what, exactly, does DirectX 11.1 add to the 3D graphics API? There's a list of supported features on Microsoft.com. Most of these will be of little interest to gamers. One, though, will be.

DirectX 11.1 adds native stereoscopic 3D support. As Neowin points out, this means any PC games or applications written with DirectX 11.1 will have support for viewing the content via stereoscopic 3D glasses as default. Previously, games would need to be programmed with a particular graphics card in mind.

Microsoft trying to get you to go to windows 8 :/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daimao For This Useful Post:

Mr-DangeR7
    It's not only Microsoft, every ****ing organisation is doing same shit, EA, Activtion...etc.

TS Officer / Honourable Member Daimao's Avatar
    Thanks
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of Law
    Well 3D is not going to persuade me lol.
    I tried windows 8 and it's not bad.
    I'll change once it gets better for gaming than windows 7 probably.
    Right now, 7 is just fine ^^

Thanks
    yeah, they want to milk of us money and than we will get new stuff like directx and more :( this people dont think to stop milk money :mad:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimao View Post
    DirectX 11.1 is exclusive to the divisive Windows 8 operating system, Microsoft has confirmed.

Microsoft's Daniel Moth wrote on the Microsoft Answers forum that DirectX 11.1 is part of Windows 8, as DirectX 11 was part of Windows 7 when it launched. But, unlike with DirectX 11, which was retro-fitted to work with Vista, “there is no plan for DirectX 11.1 to be made available on Windows 7”.

So, what, exactly, does DirectX 11.1 add to the 3D graphics API? There's a list of supported features on Microsoft.com. Most of these will be of little interest to gamers. One, though, will be.

DirectX 11.1 adds native stereoscopic 3D support. As Neowin points out, this means any PC games or applications written with DirectX 11.1 will have support for viewing the content via stereoscopic 3D glasses as default. Previously, games would need to be programmed with a particular graphics card in mind.

i dont see dx 11.1 being used to much atm just because of hardware issues vid card and what not it will just cause more problems then good right now, quite honestly i find it dumb to up something that many not if all will have hardware issues.

Thanks
    I m on on windows 8 and even with the DX11.1 and ie 10 it not compellin
    Last edited by reckroz; 14th November 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks
    But this app-thing sucks on pc. I think Windows 8 will be great on mobile phones or tablets, but for a pc with a mouse? :mad: