Thanks
    Thanked 1,454 Times in 374 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular

Ori -Construct 0.1 - New building mechanic - Origins 1.7.7

Hello fellow Survivors,

Good news,

Once again we are innovating in the way Origins is played, introducing new Firsts to the game with OriConstruct 0.7 technology.

OriConstruct is a new game mechanic that allows survivors to find and salvage and fix construction vehicles from the world to utilize in constructing and building new buildings and objects.

The new Building system does not effect the current building system utilized in origins which is used to build housing and strongholds, However this new system will effect all new building and mega structures that will be introduced in the next updates as Origins keeps on progressing.

In 1.7.7 you are able to build new fortifications around your houses and camps , different types and walls, new blue prints for upgradable watch towers etc etc .

Use the new Excavator to build strong bullet absorbing Mud fences around your houses or permanently remove your opponents tents.

The Excavator can be used as a construction or destruction terror machine ! , rule the streets by smashing opponents heads with its metal arm.

Where the excavator can be found ?

It is a rare spawn that can be found in the rural areas of the Republic of Novistrana.

How does it operate ?

After fixing it, the Excavator can be driven by one survivor , but to operate it you will need some one sitting in the Operator seat. ( Or you will need to keep switching seats )

How to build with it :

It is a recommended 2 man operation ( Driver and operator ) - During 1.7.7 we are releasing several new things to build, however in this update the excavator is mainly used to building / removing own Mud fortifications and or permanently remove own or enemies tents.

In future builds excavators and bulldozers can be used to destroy own houses.

Both Origins Guard Alpha and Origins 1.7.7 are expected to be released during next week.

Origins is based on volunteer work , Support us toay

Other News about the upcoming release of Origins 1.7.7

Read about Origins 1.7.7 S.A.S.F Build 4.2

Read about Origins 1.7.7 FlightT353

Read about Origins 1.7.7 VH25

Read about Origins 1.7.7 Origins Guard

Read about OriZombies 1.1 Release.

Read about The latest map update - Republic of Novistrana.
    Last edited by kinghunt; 10th October 2013 at 10:43 AM.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kinghunt For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Nice News.
    Thx for your information.

Rotzloch

Thanks
    awesome...and 1.7.7 expected next week...great news...thx KH

Thanks
    Saweet. Cool stuff guys. I forsee a heavily armed (SLOW) convoy bringing that puppy home.

Thanks
    This Origins 1.7.7 update takes the mod to a next level

Very well, done !

Thanks
    Holy fudge.
    how will the dirt stuff work? Just dig a hole and use the dirt?
    I see a lot fun coming with that thing
    oh and is that wall in the back made from scrap?
    Btw is the left guy tied up?
    Last edited by LuisW; 10th October 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    Nice. Just the news I think we have all been waiting on. Keep up the great work Origins team

Thanks
    AMAZING WORK! This is why Origins is so AWESOME! Hats off to King and crew for taking this mod to the next level! Eventually we will be able to crush someone's house is a GREAT IDEA...it can become stagnant to just have a house that can't be broken into or damaged in any way. And I must say THANK YOU for releasing a "time frame" for the release. Even if something unforeseen comes up and doesn't release exactly in a week, we still have some new information and something to go off of. Now to just think of a proper name for my new excavator...MWAHAHAHA

*EDIT*

I might have read the destroying houses sentence wrong. Maybe just have the ability to destroy our OWN houses and not someone else's. Will just have to wait and see. Either way, excellent idea!
    Last edited by wags; 10th October 2013 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks
    Please spawn excavator on Salvo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    AMAZING WORK! This is why Origins is so AWESOME! Hats off to King and crew for taking this mod to the next level! Eventually we will be able to crush someone's house is a GREAT IDEA...it can become stagnant to just have a house that can't be broken into or damaged in any way. And I must say THANK YOU for releasing a "time frame" for the release. Even if something unforeseen comes up and doesn't release exactly in a week, we still have some new information and something to go off of. Now to just think of a proper name for my new excavator...MWAHAHAHA

*EDIT*

I might have read the destroying houses sentence wrong. Maybe just have the ability to destroy our OWN houses and not someone else's. Will just have to wait and see. Either way, excellent idea!
    He already said that u can just destroy ur own houses

In future builds excavators and bulldozers can be used to destroy own houses.