Thanks

Hacking issue on Origins US002

I play on the Origins 1.7.5 server #US002, and while in a skirmish with a few other players something very unusual and likely hacking occured. I snuck up on a player by the name of [HEX] Cyclosporum and killed him with a Makarov. Very shortly after, maybe 15 seconds, I was killed by the same player. This is theoretically impossible as it takes a full minute to log back in after dying, let alone to pick up the gun that I just looted off of his body. I have also never seen him on the server, and how he got the gear he did (rangefinder, sa58p, gps, ghillie, the list goes on...) is beyond me. I have no idea how to report this to any admins on the server as side chat is disabled, so if anyone who reads this can redirect me to the right place or perhaps look into the issue I would be very grateful.

Thanks
    hi there, as with all hackusations we need video proof of this but i will look out for this guy in the logs, but to be honest he could be just a good player, you can always join teamspeak the link is on our home page if you want any admin help

paulus

Thanks
    Sadly I don't have any video evidence, but he killed me in about 30 seconds when it takes at LEAST a full minute to get back on the server after dying, and I was holding the gun that he killed me with. I'll remember your advice last time, Thanks!

TS Officer / Honourable Member Daimao's Avatar
    Thanks
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of Law
    Some people have houses full of loot that they gathered, or just friends.
    Like Paul said, next time try to get proof.

Thanks
    I dont think that you gentleman are understanding what the OP is saying. He is saying, He was somewhere, anywhere on the map, it doesnt matter. Lets say, the center of Yaroslav. He shot a player with his spawn makarov, and looted his superior firearms. 30 seconds after looting the killed player, he was shot by the killed player with NOT a makarov, but the smae weapon he had just taken from him less than 1 min ago. Since the LOGIN process after you die, Takes at least 1 min, there is no way this player could have legitimately respawned. Also, since the time period between when the OP shot him, and then was himself shot by the player he had JUST killed less than a min ago, was so short, LESS THAN 1 min. That he could not, and did not run back to a house. Then run back to his body.
    There is two suspicious things here
    The player respawned too quickly
    The player didnt have time to spawn,so also did not have time to run to a house for another gun.

TS Officer / Honourable Member Daimao's Avatar
    Thanks
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of Law
    We do understand but anyone can write here what he wants, that's why we ask for videoproof.

Thanks
    I may have some insight here, I believe I experienced the same thing last night.

Side Note: I played with Cyclosporum on about 6 different occasions and can vouch that he's not a hacker. They are in a different camp on the other island and we have a loose alliance set up with them, we just run around together when it's beneficial, etc. He's very likely to kill you by any means available, but I've never seen anything super-human about him.

Back on topic: Last night I killed a player at close range and within a few seconds, while the death message was still on my screen, he killed me right back from 15 feet back along his path of travel. I think it's the poor outcome of the server trying to decipher and process updates during bad desync. On my screen I was able to shoot and kill him and he was able to do the same thing to me on his screen. By the time the server received both of those updates and processed them, we both ended up dead.

How feasible that is for longer timeframes of 15-30 seconds, I have no idea, but I'm pretty confident that is what happened to me and it's the only technical explanation that makes any sense in my head.

Even if someone was hacking, they can't just "bypass" the cloud sync 60 second waiting period, it also takes time to find gear in a spawn menu and spawn it in for use, then open the map and teleport somewhere, acquire your target, then finally start firing.
    JOSH